Our final update!
As 2020 comes to an end and before we close and lock our door on this rollercoaster of a year, we want to say a HUGE thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your continued support.
This year hasn't been easy for many of us, the whole world has been confronted with unparalleled challenges but thanks to the grit and resilience of our small business community, it has been a truly remarkable one. As we reflect on this time last year, we had BIG goals for 2020, then without warning; our team went from busy bees to almost standing still.
Within days of the news, we rallied our team and together we adapted, reviewed our goals, set new priorities and put our noses to the grindstone to help keep our team focused on the things we could control and manage to avoid being distracted from the outside noise. Through it all, we persevered and seeing all the incredible work we've achieve, we've grown and learnt so much in the process.
Because of our supportive community and our super talented and multi-skilled team, our achievements below could not be possible:
- became an essential service delivering fresh groceries, cheese and meats
- transitioned to a "business to consumer" business model and rebuilt our e-commerce platform
- renovated our Docklands flagship store
- photographed over 400 products for our new website
- rebranded to miei.
- began our Bcorp recertification process
- designed and installed large Christmas features across 5 building sites
- curated, hampered and delivered over 500 care packs and gifts across Australia
- held our miei. Customer Advisory Board meeting to ensure we continue to put our customers first
It has been an incredibly BIG year for us, we've all gone through a lot and to celebrate the adventure we've shared. We took our team on a little fun adventure as a reminder of how lucky we are to live in this wonderful country, how grateful we are to have such an amazing group of people who share our vision to use our gifts to do good for humanity, that life is a blessing and our future is a blank canvas.
Thank you so much for your loyalty, support and for helping us make a difference in our world. Despite everything that happened this year, the strength of our small business community has cast a warm glow on it all.
Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2021!
Lyly, Rob and our entire team at miei.